Drakeapedia is a wiki page about Drake University, developed by Drake students for the Drake community.
If you have photographs, memorabilia or other information you would like to see on this Wiki, please contact Claudia Frazer (email@example.com, 515-271-3776).
Pages are categorized by:
- Artifacts - physical items related to Drake with relevant histories
- Buildings - current and razed buildings on campus as well as some area views of campus
- Oral Histories - interviews with Drake alums, administration, faculty and staff
- Organizations - includes student government, Greek organizations, and clubs
- People - information about people associated with Drake from the past and present (including alums, administrators, faculty/staff, board of trustees, and benefactors)
- Traditions - Drake specific traditions
The page was originally created by the First Year Seminar Class in 2010 and additions were made by the 2011 class. The course, FYS022 - Drakeapedia* - Building a Living Archive in 2010, was designed for students to learn more about Drake's rich history by discovering resources in Cowles Library's Special Collections, creating content using wiki technology, and capturing history by conducting oral histories. The 2011 class focused more on the oral histories.
- As we transition the classwork into the public arena, we will be editing material and removing items that may be in violation of copyright laws due to the difference between a classroom environment and public viewing.
- Drake University holds the copyright on this page and with that reserves the right to edit or remove any content added to this wiki.
Questions or inquiries may be directed to Claudia Frazer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-271-3776)
* - due to another organization trademarking "Drakepedia" we have had to change our spelling